Saturday, January 29, 2011

Session 1, Week 4 -- Timing and Spacing

This week we learned the value of timing the interaction of objects in a scene with the spacing, or distance between frames, for each object.  The assignment this week is to pick two different types of balls and correctly translate the feel of their weights via animation.  The examples given were that of a beach ball vs a bowling ball.  We are free to choose the type of balls we would imitate, so I chose a racquetball and a bowling ball.

In addition to creating an animation for the two balls we had to draw our plans for the animation as part of our assignment submission.  Yup, I learned my lesson, no flowcharts :).  Once again, the software engineer picks up his pencil to display his child like artwork.  Here is the embarrassment knowing as my planning:

And here's the final animation:

One of the fun things that I got to do was breakout ye olde physics book to go through the laws of motion and kinematic equations.  It was pretty fun to see how closely I could imitate the physics both mathematically and visually.  Awesome assignment for math geeks. :)

See ya next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment