Saturday, January 15, 2011

Session 1, Week 2 -- Pose revision from feedback

AM and professional animators in the field talk about bringing your non-art experiences to the table when learning animation.  One skill I'm thankful that I've learned from software code reviews is the art of "listening" to critique.  It is an acquired skill and very needed amongst many professions.  Here, at AM, this skill is quite useful as many students are already art professionals, understand the lingo, and know what to look for in these poses.  For example, "line of action".  This is the single most important concept that I'm currently learning.  In my words, it's the one line you can draw from the top of a persons head, down their chest or back, and down one leg that signifies, and defines, the "action" they are doing.  This may be a novice or simplistic view, but I'm sure that will change with my time at AM.  Right now, it's helping this senior software developer turn into a novice animator :) 

If you are thinking of going into AM, and are a tech professional like myself, don't hesitate.  AM has made the education and learning experience so it's on you to absorb the information or not.  This school provides all the information, tools, pointers, peer reviews, information on/offline, industry professionals, and  more.  Basically, you are left with no stone unturned when it comes to your education.  It's up to you to absorb all the goodness they provide.  I wish college was like this when I went 20 years ago.  Man, school would've been 10x more fun just because you're actually learning and getting the skills you need.

Here's the pose revisions based off of the critique/feedbacks from my fellow session 1 AMers:




 The first pose is the one I submitted for this weeks assignment.  I think it had the most personality and for me was the most fun to pose.

No comments:

Post a Comment